Are your mornings busy? Mine sure are! For example, I am a mom, wife, and business owner. Needless to say, my mornings are quite busy! So, how do I ensure I have a healthy breakfast every day? Smoothies! After all, a healthy breakfast will give me the energy I need to accomplish all of my responsibilities. Well, my secret is in this superfood smoothie recipe.
So what inspired my love for smoothies? You see, I have serious goals this year to be my healthiest self. For example, I have a newborn son. It is my priority to be there for him, for the long term. Additionally, I am exclusively breastfeeding, so I am hungry often. For breakfast, I need a meal that will nourish me. And, keep me full. After all, I need the fuel to keep up with my responsibilities. Like, running a business, managing a household, and enjoying my life, marriage, and motherhood. Finally, smoothies are great on-the-go food. I can sip my healthy breakfast as I tidy up my home or hold my baby boy.
But even before I became a mom, I have always loved smoothies for breakfast! For example, back when I worked a 9 to 5, I enjoyed my smoothie during my commute. Let’s be real. It’s not like I can eat bacon and eggs while I drive to work! A smoothie was the best option.
Healthy Superfood Smoothie Benefits
If you want a portable, on-the-go, healthy breakfast that fits into your lifestyle, this is where my superfood smoothie recipe comes in! For example, each ingredient boasts amazing benefits. Moreover, these ingredients are not just nutritious. They are tasty! Certainly, no one wants a smoothie that tastes like dirt! Right? So, let’s go over these tasty ingredients and their benefits, shall we?
- Flaxseeds – rich in omegas and fiber
- Berries – rich in antioxidants and fiber
- Papaya – enzymes that are great for digestion
- Greek yogurt – as much protein as a chicken breast, plus probiotics for gut health
- Almonds – vitamin E, magnesium, and healthy fat
- Spinach – a leafy green vegetable that is high in folate and mild in flavor
- Date – adds sweetness to the smoothie; plus, it’s high in antioxidants and fiber
How to Make Healthy Superfood Smoothie Recipe
Firstly, add all of the ingredients to your blender. Secondly, blend until smooth. Finally, enjoy!
To sum up, what do you all think of this healthy superfood smoothie recipe? Do you like making smoothies at home? How do you like to enjoy them? Let us know in the comments. Finally, if you liked this recipe, then check out my blog and my book for authentic SalviMex recipes with a modern (and sometimes healthy) twist.
- * Ground flaxseed 1 tablespoon
- * Berries of your choice 1/2 cup fresh or frozen
- * Papaya 1 cup chopped
- * Greek yogurt 1 cup
- * Almonds 1 handful (or one tablespoon almond butter)
- * Spinach 2 handfuls
- * 1 date
- * Milk of your choice 1 cup
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender. Blend until smooth. After that, enjoy!
Herencia Cookbook is available for sale here.