Autumn is officially here. In other words, it’s pumpkin season! So, that means it’s time to enjoy pumpkin flavors in anything and everything. An easy way to do this is to add canned pumpkin puree to your favorite desserts. For example, in cheesecake or bread. Today, I will show you how to make pumpkin churros from scratch! I hope you enjoy this pumpkin churros recipe.
I promise you will love this recipe. First off, it is relatively easy to put together. Secondly, it tastes amazing! Finally, it will impress guests. This can very well become one of you go-to recipes when you are craving something sweet.
How to Make Pumpkin Churros
- Water, one cup
- Pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup
- Melted butter, 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Bread flour, 1 cup
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, 1 (heaping) teaspoon
- Avocado oil, enough for frying
- Cinnamon and sugar for dusting.
- Firstly, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Secondly, stir in the wet ingredients.
- Once fully mixed, add the ingredients to a piping bag.
- Then, add avocado oil to your frying pan.
- Set to medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, pipe in the churro batter to fry.
- Cook the churros for 1-2 minutes per side, using tongs to carefully flip.
- Once the churros are cooked, carefully place them on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Once cool, evenly sprinkle churros with cinnamon and sugar.
- Enjoy with come cafecito or hot chocolate!
What do you think of this pumpkin churros recipe? Is it your new autumn favorite? I know it’s my new fall favorite! If you liked this recipe, then be sure to check out my blog and cookbook. If you like my cookbook, then please review it here! Until next time. Buen Provecho.