Today, I would like to share a Super Torta recipe with you all. Recently, Lil Libros gifted me some beautiful books for my son’s bookshelf. Therefore, this particular recipe was inspired by their book, Super Torta! I am very excited about this recipe, so let’s just get into it.
Lil Libros inspired this recipe!
As I shared, Lil Libros sent me some beautiful books to add to my son’s home library. Super Torta, a Lil Libros title, had me cracking up! I enjoyed it as much as my son did. After reading it, I found myself immediately craving a torta. So, I knew I had to make a special torta recipe.
This Torta is a great way to celebrate Dia del Niño
This recipe is a fantastic, authentic, way to celebrate Dia del Niño. If you have small children, this recipe is a great way to get them involved in the kitchen. For example, you can set out a few ingredients for them to choose from. From there, they can customize their torta. This can teach little ones independence, and kitchen literacy. Additionally, what a fun way to celebrate Dia del Niño! Picture it: a celebratory lunch in the form of a torta bar, where your kiddos can assemble their own tortas. They can even name their unique creations. Finally, the idea of crushing the chips with a rolling pin can be such a fun activity. Don’t worry parents! I thought of you too. Since the chips will be in a ziplock bag, there won’t be a huge mess of crumbs to pick up afterward!
Let’s Get To The Super Torta Recipe
Lil Libros Inspired Super Torta Recipe
- Rolling Pin
- Large Ziplock Bag
- 1 bolillo
- A few slices of your favorite deli meat
- 1 tablespoon mayo or Mexican crema
- 1 cup of your favorite chips
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup mashed beans warm
- Cut the bolillo lengthwise and toast it evenly on both sides until golden.
- As it toasts, add your favorite chips to a ziplock bag. Seal tightly. Mash with a rolling pin.
- Once the bread is toasted, add Mexican crema to one side and beans to another.
- On top of the crema, add your crumbled chips.
- On top of the beans, add your deli meat.
- Add guacamole and cheese.
- Close the torta.
- Cut in half, and enjoy!
- Make it your own and have fun!
What did you think of this recipe? Did you make it at home? Did you like it? If so, let me know in the comments! Additionally, if you like this recipe, then be sure to check out more recipes here.