What’s up, everyone? Bernie Molina here, author of Herencia Cookbook, full of authentic SalviMex recipes with a modern twist. Today, I will share an arroz con leche recipe! This recipe is delicious and comforting. As a result, I simply had to share it with you all here on the blog. So, let’s get to it!
Arroz Con Leche Recipe
Arroz con leche always reminds me of the senoras who surrounded me when I was growing up. For example, my sister’s suegra made it like classic pudding. On the other hand, my own mother-in-law makes it a bit runnier and with raisins. Finally, my mother makes it with a sort of in-between texture.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- One cup milk
- Firstly, rinse the rice well.
- Secondly, bring 2 cups of water with a cinnamon stick to boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, add the rice.
- Once it all boils, lower the heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the rice. The goal is for it to absorb the liquid.
- Once the water is all absorbed into the rice, add 1 cup milk. Stir.
- Now, add condensed milk slowly. Stir well.
- Cover the rice, and allow to continue to simmer on low heat.
- After about 40 minutes, add raisins and stir.
- Once cooked, transfer to a glass bowl and sprinkle ground cinnamon over it.
To sum up, what do you all think of this arroz con leche recipe? Have you tried it? How do you prefer to enjoy it? Let me know in the comments. Likewise, if you enjoyed this recipe, then check out our blog and our book for authentic SalviMex recipes with a modern (and sometimes healthy) twist.